RE: Telecrastinating

Subject: RE: Telecrastinating
From: Ken Bowes <KBowes -at- dacg -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 13:10:35 -0600

Extreme views on both sides of the argument here. Andrew feels that almost
everyone is looking for a way to do the least possible by any means
possible, and Rick thinks that someone who dedicates their life to their
work is a fool.

Am I the only one who thinks that there has to be some middle ground??

Ken Bowes

Andrew Plato <intrepid_es -at- yahoo -dot- com> ranted:

> The majority of Americans . . . will
> do the absolute bare minimum required to get their paycheck.

The majority of American employers *pay* the absolute minimum required to
get the labor they want. (Do you think there's a connection, Andrew?)

> There is a guy who owns a sub shop near my office. Best subs the world.
He is
> at that counter everyday from 9am until 10pm (that's 13 hours a day). I
know he
> gets there at 8am and stays until about 11pm (thats 15 hours!).

Are we supposed to admire this man? He is a fool. If he has a family, then
his long hours will never repay him anything remotely worth what he is
losing. (If he does not have a family, then his work is his family and his
friends, so he's not working 15 hours/day, he's semi-working and
semi-recreating 15 hrs/day.)