Re: Web admin duties

Subject: Re: Web admin duties
From: "Barbara Stuhlemmer" <barbara -at- wanware -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 09:53:00 -0500

Just thought I'd fill you in on the direction and decisions made for
re-designing our web site. Thanks first to all that replied to my post on
January 9, 2001. As usual you have all been most helpful. I particularly
appreciated the link to the Web Accessibility Initiative of the World Wide
Web Consortium (Thanks Tom). Although it is not going to stop us from using
JavaScript it has given me a lot to think about.

We will be getting rid of the Frames format (as recommended by just about
everyone for numerous reasons). In place of it we're going to use templates
to create web pages. Luckily one of our programmers has this experience,
which will help cut down on the re-development time. The main navigation
will be JavaScript and an alternative plain text navigation will also be
added to the site. I'm still kind-a swimming with all this information but
at least my head is now above the water.

Thanks again.

Barbara Stuhlemmer
Technical Documentation
The Software Group Ltd.
www.wanware.com

"It is not necessary to change. Survival is not mandatory."

- Dr. W. Edwards Deming -