RE: PageMaker 6.52 to HP 8550--problems? solutions?

Subject: RE: PageMaker 6.52 to HP 8550--problems? solutions?
From: Marguerite Krupp <mkrupp -at- cisco -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 17:35:02 -0500

Hi Dick,

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I *am* still here at 5:45, and I may
be able to help with one thing in your predicament.

With HP printers especially, I find that if the printer does not have a
particular font in its memory, it substitutes Courier every time. Doesn't
matter what it looks like on your screen. Doesn't matter if it worked on a
different HP printer (which probably HAD all the fonts on it). If you track
down those places where it's showing Courier instead of what's supposed to
be there, you'll probably find some font that *looks* like everything else,
but isn't. The solutions involve loading the correct font or correcting the
font to something the printer does like (like Helvetica instead of Arial).
Time consuming, but a possiblity.

Can't speak for the tracking or the colors, but it's a start.

I'm outta here. Too fried to do much else.

Marguerite