Robohelp deleting quotes and reading them as carriage returns.

Subject: Robohelp deleting quotes and reading them as carriage returns.
From: "Miller, Lisa" <Lisa -dot- Miller -at- Anheuser-Busch -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 10:07:20 -0600

Has anyone run into the following problem:

A developer from another team is maintaining a RoboOffice Winhelp project. He
asked for my help on a popup topic. The text of the popup has several quotes
and dashes (En dashes I think) that looked fine in the file, but when the

project was compiled and the link opened the text was incorrectly displayed. In
the text, the quotes and quoted text was (were?) missing and the dashes seemed
to have been read as carriage returns. When I reviewed the file I tried cutting
the text and then pasting it back as unformatted text. I also changed the text
style to "Normal" as it had been set to footnote text, which I thought was odd.
I was able to create a new topic with quotes and dashes, but I was not able to
fix the affected topic. Obviously, retyping several topics is not a preferred
option.

Please let me know if you have any ideas on how to respond to this problem.
Thanks in advance.

Lisa A. Miller
Technical ! Writer
Anheuser-Busch, Inc.
Packaging Team - Corporate Engineering
mailto:lisa -dot- miller -at- anheuser-busch -dot- com
(314) 865-8904

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-- Benjamin Franklin