Re: IT Security Policy & Procedures Manual

Subject: Re: IT Security Policy & Procedures Manual
From: "Dick Margulis" <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 13:40:33 -0500

Sandy,

My contribution was intended as a value-neutral partial checklist of items that I've seen included in network security policies. It is up to the individual company to decide how permissive or strict they need to be with regard to any of those points and to set forth in the policy exactly what conditions pertain.

Your opinions on which way to go on various policies might or might not coincide with those of a given company's responsible managers.

Dick