RE: Advice wanted...

Subject: RE: Advice wanted...
From: "David Berg" <dberg -at- dmpnet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 11:25:36 -0600

Well, I have a couple of thoughts. First, why is the position still open?
Did they try someone that didn't work out? Is there anything about the
company that might scare off other applicants and cause the position to be
open this long? I don't know how you could investigate this sort of thing,
but you might try picking the brains of the agency that is sending you
there.

Next, if this is a new start-up, try doing what you can to check again on
the health of the company. Three months can be a long time for a new
start-up if things are taking a turn, either good or bad.

If everything else checks out ok, I'd be inclined to dive in and try for the
job again. Of course, if the topic of your previous application arises,
emphasize the personal reasons for your earlier refusal of their offer and
why those circumstances are different now.

Good luck,

David Berg