RE: Conditionalized text...

Subject: RE: Conditionalized text...
From: Steve Shepard <STEVES -at- YARDI -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 08:35:04 -0800

> Emily writes:

> I'm wondering how many of you FrameMaker users use/know how to use
> conditionalized text.
>
> Seems like many folks I'm dealing with lately haven't even
> heard of it.

We use it to single source our print and online docs with WWP. Some stuff is
tagged for PrintOnly and HelpOnly. We also use it to create docs for two
different versions of our software. We have an Enterprise level and mid
level version of the software (we also have an off the shelf version, but we
haven't rev'd the docs in FrameMaker for that yet). We use condictional text
to tag text for these different versions, so we have one Frame project that
creates print docd and online help for two versions of the product.
Steven Shepard
Manager, Documentation Group
Yardi Systems, Inc.
819 Reddick Avenue