RE: Differences between Framemaker & Pagemaker

Subject: RE: Differences between Framemaker & Pagemaker
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 16:21:10 -0500

Hallo:
FrameMaker is better for: long, structured, technical documents, documents
using cross-references and generated lists, such as TOCs, indexes, lists of
figures, etc., documents going to online help, documents with a high page
count.
PageMaker is better for: using lots of color, newsletters, marketing pieces,
documents where page layout varies a lot, and typography (with InDesign
reportedly being superior in this regard).
Of course, consider the format of and need to update your legacy
documentation because these two programs do not share files.
Cheers,
Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com