RE: Cover letter mistakes

Subject: RE: Cover letter mistakes
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 17:54:20 -0500

It will be of little comfort, but:

1) I prevent this by setting up my resume and cover letter beforehand as
PDFs. I can export to text if needed, but these documents have been proofed.

2) Like it or not, your resume and cover letter are samples of your work,
proofing, attention to detail, and so forth. Not only that, but I have to
assume these items are more important to you, personally, than your usual
work.

3) IMHO, casual e-mail, like this on this listserv, can be sloppy . . . it's
conversational. However, an e-mailed resume is a different beast with a
different audience. See 2).

So, what would I do? I don't know. Try sending an e-mail saying you
accidentally sent a draft of your resume . . ..

Cheers,

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com