FW: Drag and Drop between templates

Subject: FW: Drag and Drop between templates
From: "Steve Hudson" <steve -at- wright -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 16:51:49 +1100

Only one way - write a macro that does a search and replace of all old
styles -> new styles.

Steve

#1: We are still in the (Word) dark ages regarding Documentation Software -
I am converting to FrameMaker Q3, 2001.
?Good choice?

#2: Until then, we must Drag & Drop text and graphics onto an "updated"
Word template that I created. I formatted the template with the styles that
I wanted; all is well on that front. Both templates have similar (or
alike) -named styles, but different fonts, font sizes, tabs, etc.
? How do I keep the new template from adopting the old styles? IOW, if I
drag a section of text in the style of "BodyText1" from the old template
onto the new template, it retains the old look (and style) in the new
template - AND adds "BodyText1" to the template styles. This happens even
if the insertion cursor on the new template resides on a blank sheet with
the style "BodyText", resulting in the tedious changing to the desired
style. What can I do about this?