RE: Help with HTML Transit

Subject: RE: Help with HTML Transit
From: Janet Valade <janetv -at- systech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 08:16:08 -0800

> This is working well, except the links to the Heading 1 goes straight to
> the Heading 1 instead of the top of the page (in other words, the href
> is "./taking_a_report.html#P1-17" instead of "./taking_a_report.html",
> and the Heading 1 of the section has a <A NAME="P1-17"></A> tag). Is
> there any easy way to get rid of the anchors and have the links to the
> Headings point straight to the page itself? I've tried everything I can
> think of, to no avail.

If I am understanding your document design correctly, I don't know
any way to do this. It sounds like your heading links are a page TOC, rather
than a TOC document. If your heading links were in a TOC document, you could
set them to link to the top of the page using the 'element setup'
configuration screen. If your heading links are not dynamic, you could write
your own HTML code and have Transit use that at the top of your documents,
instead of Transit generating HTML code. I am using 3.2, so newer Transit
versions may be different.

Janet