RE: Managing the multitudes (workflow management)

Subject: RE: Managing the multitudes (workflow management)
From: KMcLauchlan -at- chrysalis-its -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 13:37:49 -0500

Well, well, WELL then!.... It happens that we are in the
process of implementing ClearCase and ClearQuest at this company.

As a matter of fact, I'll be using one product --
if they EVER get the system up (we took the courses last
November and the servers STILL aren't up) to version-control
and back-up my FrameMaker docs, while the engineers are
using it to control the development code. They'll use the
other Rational product for bug/issue tracking. The Customer
Support folk, however, are using something from Great Pains...
er, I mean Plains, which is part of the new system being used
by finance and Sales.

Indeedy! Replace incompatible systems with... incompatible
systems.

Anyway, that was another reason I was thinking of SQL.

Ellen, on the other hand, made a good case for the simplicity
of Access.

I must think on this some more (that will be the grinding noise
that you hear).

/kevin