RE: laid off

Subject: RE: laid off
From: Lief Erickson <lerickson -at- mqsoftware -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 11:50:26 -0600

I missed the beginning of this thread, but Bettina said

<<Looking back, I wish I had played more (gone to the beach, movies, walks
in the park) while I was looking for work. Pauses in the race of life don't
come often and soon enough I was back working full time.>>

I was laid off from my previous job, and like Bettina, I wish I had played
more. In fact, that is a comment that I hear from many people after they
realize what a blessing (a short) unemployment can be.

During unemployment you are often under the pressure (from self, spouse, or
other) to find a job. I empathize with the feelings that you have.
Regardless if you were downsized or not, the market for technical writers is
good.

Try to push the stress aside and enjoy the freedom that you have. Trust
me--you will relish your unemployment time after you have that new job! One
tip: After accepting a new job, make sure that you give yourself a week or
two with which to truly enjoy your unemployment. With the job offer in hand,
you can really relax and have fun.

-Lief