RE: HELP! &(^*#$ Word!!!!!

Subject: RE: HELP! &(^*#$ Word!!!!!
From: "Eichelberger, Mark" <Mark -dot- Eichelberger -at- aftech -dot- fiserv -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 16:27:04 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: Layna Andersen

<<When I open the files within the master doc, some (not all) of the
graphics are red-x'ed (with the little generic graphic
circle-triangle-square icon). Even if I copy a graphic back in from an
old version of the file, once I save it as the subdoc, it's gone
again.>>

Layna, I have noticed that this happens occasionally for me as well. Unfortunately, it doesn't happen in a consistent manner for me to troubleshoot. In my case, the subdocuments and linked graphics are stored in the same network location as the master document. The graphics appear in the subdocument, but fail to come across in the Master Document.

But as I mentioned, this doesn't occur for all subdocuments in the Master, so I just manually relink the graphics in the Master Document and move on. I (and the rest of the TW staff) just chalk it up to one more of Word's quirks. Sorry, I know I have not supplied a solution, but misery loves company!

Mark Eichelberger
Technical Writer
AFTECH
Mark -dot- Eichelberger -at- Aftech -dot- Fiserv -dot- com
610 993 8000 x534