Re: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Technical Writing

Subject: Re: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Technical Writing
From: Andrew Plato <intrepid_es -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 20:41:16 -0700 (PDT)

"Bruce Byfield" wrote...

> A copy of this book arrived in my snail-mail box this morning. It's
> by Krista Van Laan and Catherine Julian, at least one of whom is a
> list subscriber.

> Of course, I'm biased, because I have a quote in the book (so does
> John Posada). But I've thought for years that a book of this sort
> would be useful, so I wanted to mention it.

Well, I am also quoted in the book. Hope I don't bring down the quality of
people.

It is a very good book. I think the thing I like most about it is the attitude.
It doesn't assume that everything is a 900,000 page manual that must be done in
ZQML or some other esoteric markup language. Its very straightforward and
honest...and fun to read.

Its already recommended reading at Anitian.

Andrew Plato

April 27. http://www.pdfconference.com.