Re: Document Indexing Reference (Long)

Subject: Re: Document Indexing Reference (Long)
From: edunn -at- transport -dot- bombardier -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 09:37:28 -0400

>>XYZ Corp.: US.999999999.10.0001 where the US is obviously for a
>>business based in the US, 999999999 would be the Federal Tax ID of the
>>business,

and what about non-US companies that do not have Federal Tax IDs? While each
company will have tax status in their respective country, have you looked at the
numerous permutations of the various national tax systems?

In our parts cataloging work, it would seem ther is already a system for Federal
supplier codes. Seems you may be duplicating work that is already taken care of.
Other standards may be of help in this area as well. UPC codes for example all
encode manufacturer information.

Eric L. Dunn

April 27. http://www.pdfconference.com.