Re: HomeSite: liabilities for non-supported software

Subject: Re: HomeSite: liabilities for non-supported software
From: Christine -dot- Anameier -at- seagate -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 10:17:09 -0500

I could be misinterpreting this, but it sounds like a pretty standard case
of "you can use the software but we won't provide tech support."

At my previous job, the other writer and I had <cringe> FrontPage 98
installed. The IT department not only refused to "support" FrontPage, they
even threatened to withdraw ALL tech support for the two of us because we
were running software that the company hadn't approved. Luckily we didn't
need no stinkin' tech support. ;)
Actually, a few times my colleague did have to call tech support because
the APPROVED applications were seriously messing up his machine. Almost
invariably, IT would blame the problems on FrontPage. It got to be a
running joke: at every blue-screen-of-death we'd mutter "must be that
FrontPage..."

Christine

April 27. http://www.pdfconference.com.