Frame 6.0 Generated Lists, help please!

Subject: Frame 6.0 Generated Lists, help please!
From: Berk/Devlin <armadill -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2001 16:59:49 -0700

I am on a slow connection, but I have tried to check the archives and the Adobe site. And, IMHO, the Frame 6.0 help system is faster but even more lacking in content than the help for Frame 5.5.6. Can't figure this out, and I'm sure it's second nature to a number of you, so please help.

Anyway, I have heeded Andrew Plato's cry and refused to spend time on template development. Instead, I downloaded a very nice one from the Adobe selection. And, it's working fine. Except that I want my table of contents and index to include chapter number before each page number.

So, for example, in the TOC, I want the first heading of Chapter 3, to look like:

Chapter 3
First heading in Chapter 3 ........................................... 3-1

But it WON'T. Instead it looks like this:

Chapter 3
First heading in Chapter 3 ........................................... 1

I've tried many, many things. I even tried reading the instructions provided with the template, which state:

The template numbers the pages in the chapter-page format (where page 3-4 would mean the fourth page
of the third chapter).
Note
To have this chapter-page numbering format carried over into the generated files (such as the index and
TOC), you have to select each chapter document in the book file window and choose File> Set Up File.
Then enter the chapter number plus a hyphen in the Prefix text box. Kinda weird but necessary.

But, in Frame 6.0, I do not find a Set Up File option in the File menu.

Please, help. I am on digest, so please email me directly: armadill -at- earthlink -dot- net -dot-
TIA,

--Emily

Build Contents, Indexes, and Search for Web Sites and Help Systems Available 4/30/01 at http://www.devahelp.com or info -at- devahelp -dot- com