RE: thank-you notes

Subject: RE: thank-you notes
From: "Karen E. Black" <kblack_text -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 10:52:06 -0400

From: "Patty Ewy" <patty -dot- ewy -at- greatplains -dot- com>
Follow-up question: Does the delivery format of the note (snail mail or
e-mail) affect how you would respond to the note? I'd imagine that the
snail mail note is preferred, but can an e-mail note be just as
effective?

Or even _if_ you respond to the note. My guess is that there is no response required for a thank-you note (a thanks-for-thanking-me note?), unless the interviewer is following up with interview feedback, and is letting you know the outcome of the search process because you didn't get the job and is being kind. If the interviewer wants to request further information to prepare for a subsequent interview, he or she should telephone.

I've never sent a thank-you note for an interview. I got this job through a recruiting company, and I should probably thank my recruiter for being such a positive force and spending so much time on follow-up (she called me this week to see how I was doing).

Karen Black
Technical Writer
Davis + Henderson Ltd., Toronto, ON
www.dhltd.com