Re: Laserwriter drivers for Mac?

Subject: Re: Laserwriter drivers for Mac?
From: Scott Turner <sturner -at- airmail -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 13:43:51 -0500

I am dealing with a new printer who says that our 5.5 x 8.5 PDF (from Frame)
does not print from their Mac Reader to the LaserWriter 8.1.1 or 8.5.x
driver (to docutech the manuals) to the proper size. They say they have to
reduce to 93% or so to make it fit. I, of course, in my always diplomatic
way, told them that they don't know what they are doing.

So, any known problems in the above situation? Perhaps the Apple LaserWriter
is not writing true PS? I can't think of any others right now...

sharon

Sharon,

You are right, they do not know what they are doing.

Did you notice that the latest PS drivers have Letter and Letter (Small)? They are probably using the Letter (Small) or its equivalent, since it is usually the default. The older drivers used a method to increase the margins. I forget the terminology since I am usually on the bleeding edge of these things. It was a while ago, and I have slept since then.

Scott

Build Contents, Indexes, and Search for Web Sites and Help Systems Available 4/30/01 at http://www.devahelp.com or info -at- devahelp -dot- com