Re: Stupid tasks (was Re: NEED HELP..PLEASE RESPOND)

Subject: Re: Stupid tasks (was Re: NEED HELP..PLEASE RESPOND)
From: "Sharon Burton-Hardin" <sharonburton -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 17:17:37 -0700

I totally agree, Mary. I expect people to be responsible adults - if they
get the last of the coffee and they know it is the time of day that people
will want more (before may be 2pm), I would expect them to make it. That is
called playing nice - being cooperative. I expect people to clean up after
themselves. I expect people to be essentially good room mates - if they are
leaving for 2 hours, letting others know that is nice. That sort of stuff.

I discover that mostly people do that. It is insulting to be asked to do
stupid stuff that is clearly outside the scope of your job UNLESS there are
special circumstances, which should be made clear when the request is made.
And the person should be able to refuse and not score "bad" points for just
not wanting to play. And mostly, I need writers to write. We are selling
words, after all.

And yes, I also get to do all that janitorial stuff. Lucky me.

sharon

Sharon Burton-Hardin
Anthrobytes Consulting
909-369-8590
www.anthrobytes.com
Vice-president, Programs of the Inland Empire chapter of the STC
www.iestc.org