RE: New TECHWR-L Poll Question (Certification)

Subject: RE: New TECHWR-L Poll Question (Certification)
From: crawfoa -at- allegiance -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 11:56:3

I agree with narrower certifications, but not in content areas. You can
pursue certification in subject matter through the vendors (e.g., Cisco,
MS, etc.). It would be more useful to certify expertise in areas of
technical writing, such as usability, information design, online help, etc.
And we already have a SIG structure within STC to implement this idea.
Andy Crawford
crawfoa -at- allegiance -dot- net

April 27. http://www.pdfconference.com.