Online Help Format for P&P: Anyone?

Subject: Online Help Format for P&P: Anyone?
From: "Cook, Jenise" <jenise -dot- cook-crabbe -at- pacificlife -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 11:56:41 -0700

These questions are not just for the Policy & Procedures (P&P) technical
writers who quietly lurk on this list. I welcome anyone's contributions.

Are you are publishing your P&Ps in an online format using any of the
available HATTs (including FM to WWP 2000)? We will be publishing our
reference procedures on our Extranet, soon, and we're looking forward to
this project. (Our tool is eHelp's WebHTML.)

One of you (Marguerite?) recommended http://www.plainlanguage.gov. There is
an example of P&Ps in an online help/Web format, which was helpful:
http://www.apexsc.com/truehelp1/styleguide/

Another question: How to you refer to your online/electronic format? It's a
mouthful to say "...procedures in an online help format." Also, the words
"online help" may not apply to this type of documentation. Sure, procedures
"help" the audience do what they want to do. But, when I hear "online help"
I automatically think of a program's help files. Right now, we're using
"...publishing our procedures electronically." But, that could mean PDF.
Suggestions?

Thank you,

Jenise Cook-Crabbe

April 27. http://www.pdfconference.com.