RE: Flexibility and Technical Writing

Subject: RE: Flexibility and Technical Writing
From: "SHIELDS,SUSAN (HP-FtCollins,ex1)" <susan_shields2 -at- hp -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 08:58:47 -0700

Hi Doug,

I'm one of those who said "always" but this employer flexibility hasn't
always ;) been the case. I used to travel a lot (I considered adding a new
section, Other Accomplishments, to my resume saying that I had been lost in
many American states and European countries but managed to make it home
unscathed). Then I had kids and went out and found a job that accommodated
my changed life. I will travel some in my current job but as almost everyone
in my department (including the manager) has smallish children, we all have
similar requirements and are aware of the need for flexibility. Still, I
think I'm just fortunate
to have found a spot that works well for me.

I doubt that you're the only "never" ... maybe the others are on the road.

Susan