RE: New TECHWR-L Poll Question

Subject: RE: New TECHWR-L Poll Question
From: "Jane Carnall" <jane -dot- carnall -at- digitalbridges -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 13:16:10 +0100

>Which of the following best describes how the current
>economic situation affects you, a tech writer?
>
>* You have been laid off
>* Your promotion/raise is on hold/cancelled
>* You have too little work, due to the slowdown
>* You have too much work, due to layoffs/not hiring
>* Your training/capital/travel budget is restricted
>* Your deliverables and schedules are being changed
>* You are actively seeking a more secure position
>* You are not yet affected, but expect changes soon
>* You are unaffected
>* Other/none of the above

Maggie Secara added:
>How about: I've been laid off, there is too little work out there due to
>the slowdown, and I'm actively seeking a more secure position having had
>nothing more than a few 2 and 3-week contracts in 4 and a half months.

How about: I've been laid off, I had no trouble finding a new position, but
they're still "downsizing" at my old company to make the shareholders happy,
and my new position isn't as secure as my last.

Jane Carnall
Technical Writer, Digital Bridges, Scotland
Unless stated otherwise, these opinions are mine, and mine alone.