Re: Worst ad copy contest? A possible entry

Subject: Re: Worst ad copy contest? A possible entry
From: Annamaria Profit <inteltek2 -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 17:25:04 -0400

Bryan,

My nomination would go to the old Carpet Fresh TV ads--where the character (a dorky guy) spread Carpet Fresh in lines all over his carpet, then got down and snorted it to be sure it "smelled fresh". That one made me angry enough to NEVER buy the stuff.

bryan -dot- westbrook -at- amd -dot- com wrote:

My all-time favorite was the Hot Springs meat market (butcher shop, not a
singles bar) that advertised that their meats were "at a less than
competitive price."