RE: Web App to Shrink Wrap conversion

Subject: RE: Web App to Shrink Wrap conversion
From: "MMdeaton" <mmdeaton -at- mmdeaton -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 09:47:01 -0700

Put a link in the software interface where customers can go to the Web site
were updates are located and have a download set up that they can use to
move the updates of your stuff to their local drive. Or make the download
automatic from a link on the software. You should avoid changing what you
are doing now because it will just increase the cost of the development and
make more work for you. There is no reason an HTML-based doc system cannot
be used for both, and cannot primarily reside on the Web as it does now.

I would also chunk up that user guide so that you do not have to republish
the entire thing each time, but only the changes.

Mary Deaton
Deaton Information Design
News and opinion at: http://www.mmdeaton.com