RE: need advice

Subject: RE: need advice
From: Anne Robotti <Anne -dot- Robotti -at- radisys -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 07:55:28 -0400

Pankaj, just to clarify, are you looking for advice on getting
jobs writing manuals in English, or another language?

I'm *honestly* not trying to be funny. But I've noticed that
tech writers for whom English is a second language trying to
produce manuals for an English-speaking audience can often have
a hurdle to get over before they get to the tools question at
all: the hurdle of writing understandable, correctly spelled,
correctly punctuated English.

As far as tools go, FrameMaker is my personal favorite and seems
to be kind of a trend here on the East Coast. But it's just as
easy to get jobs here if you know Word or Robohelp. But they all
ask for writing samples, and I think it's desirable that the
writing samples be of the highest possible quality.

Anne