thanks for this list!

Subject: thanks for this list!
From: Stina Lane-Cummings <stina -at- real -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 09:45:55 -0700

This is my last day of work as a technical writer (by choice; I'm leaving
for graduate school in a different field*) and before I go, I'd like to say
thanks for this list.

I joined two years ago because I was feeling isolated in my job and wanted
to connect with other people who were dealing with all the issues that
technical communicators face. A year ago I was appointed the first
documentation manager, with a staff of seven. Before I joined this list, I
had limited knowledge of the world of technical communication. I'm sure
that the knowledge, vocabulary, and vicarious experience that I got from
reading this list were factors in my promotion.

Thanks especially to Eric and Deb, who through their devotion and constant
improvements to this service are daily demonstrating the best work that
technical communicators can do.

Stina Lane-Cummings
Documentation Manager, Media Systems
RealNetworks, Inc.
Seattle, Washington

* Interior architecture at the University of Oregon; it's an area I've been
pursuing for a long time. I like technical communication but ultimately I
find design more fascinating. I'll take many of the ideas from this list
with me, particularly the "murder your darlings" idea.