The Bunny Hop

Subject: The Bunny Hop
From: "Tommy Green" <tom -dot- green -at- iwon -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 11:05:43 -0500

Bruce wrote:

When I've hired, I've found that contractors or people who have had a
variety of jobs are generally more versatile, more used to
responsibility, and more justifiably confident in their abilities...

I definitely agree Bruce. I just recently left a well-paying telecommuting
job for something totally different and much more uncertain.I jumped from
the computer industry to the oil and gas industry in a matter of two months
(part of it wasn't by choice). I had been working at one company for three
years and could have probably stayed with them indefinitely but,the work
was too routine and I wasn't evolving as a writer. I went to another computer
vendor. Then, surprise, surprise, I was laid off after only 2 months.I
then went to a previous prospect I had talkedto just before taking the unfortunate
job, and they hired me (as a contractor) at more money,AND,they are located
less than twomiles from my home. I am now experienced in both permanent
and contracting positions and am beginning to like the contracting side
much more. Most important is the fact that I have the chance to experience
new software, new products, and a new style of writing.I am already feeling
more confident and capable in my chosen profession. I do believe that working
for 20-30 years for one company,(at least in this profession) may not be
the best choice.

Tommy D. Green
Technical Writer
SchlumbergerReservoirCompletionsTechnology Center

Introducing iWon Cash Points...now everyone's a winner on iWon.com.
Visit http://www.iwon.com now and start earning iWon Cash Points today!