RE: mousing over

Subject: RE: mousing over
From: "Richard Smith" <Richard -dot- Smith -at- windriver -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 10:41:59 -0700

Mouseovers typically have three or four different images associated with
them, while these terms are pretty commonly used (in the US anyway) they are
really only relevant to web development. I doubt the web using public really
cares what they are called.

UP image = the image that displays while the page is loaded and mouse is not
over the image/button
OVER image = while the mouse hovers over the image, but has not clicked it
yet.
DOWN image = while the image/button is bieng clicked
OUT image = image/button after the button has been clicked and let go (bad
wording I know.)

UP, OVER, and DOWN images are very common, OUT images are much less common,
but useful if knowing what you've clicked is important (I guess).

hope thet helps,

Richard