RE: website proposals???

Subject: RE: website proposals???
From: "Jane Carnall" <jane -dot- carnall -at- digitalbridges -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 13:47:56 +0100

>i want to write a website proposal. i know almost nothing about writing a
>website proposal. can someone please offer me some suggestions on what to
do?

I don't know either (never having written one), but here are some questions
you can ask yourself:

What is the proposed purpose of the website?
What are the possible purposes of the website?
What are your resources?
What are your limitations?
Who are you writing the website proposal for?
What do you want them to do as a result?
Why did someone ask you to write the proposal?
When do they want it?
How much do they want it?

I keep six honest serving-men
(They taught me all I knew);
Their names are What and Why and When
And How and Where and Who.

Jane Carnall
Technical Writer, Digital Bridges, Scotland
Unless stated otherwise, these opinions are mine, and mine alone.