For those who hire... what makes a resume stand out?

Subject: For those who hire... what makes a resume stand out?
From: Christine -dot- Anameier -at- seagate -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 14:58:00 -0500

To those list members who hire writers: would you mind sharing your
thoughts on what makes a resume stand out? (In a good way OR a bad way.
The former would be more useful; the latter, more entertaining.)

Everything I've heard lately indicates that it's a lousy job market, and
recruiters/employers have more candidates to sort through for the few
positions that are available. Since I'm about to throw my resume on the
pile, I'd appreciate any tips. Budget problems are bringing my contract to
an unexpectedly early end. And I'm told that the tech-writer job market
here in Minneapolis is the worst it's been in ten years...

Thanks, as always, for your insights.

Christine