RE: Documentation security?

Subject: RE: Documentation security?
From: "Swallow, William" <WSwallow -at- courion -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 11:49:30 -0400

[if the client believes that the material is worthy of that level of
safeguard, then to him, it is. I don't think the initial post was
intended to debate whether the client was right in his concern or
requirements, they simply were his concerns and requirements. We can
either meet them or not. Telling him that his requirements were
obsessive and not needed would probably not be an option. ]

So if the documentation is secured on a password-protected server folder,
wouldn't that be meeting the client's requirements? My whole point was that
there are very few methods for truly protect data, and those methods are
very pricey and take time to properly implement. Given time and budget
constraints, a secure login to data that is very visibly copyrighted is a
very viable option, is it not? I'm not trying to debate the client's
concerns. Rather, I'm trying to ground the discussion to what is actually
feasible. Otherwise, I can supply a solution that is almost fool-proof for
protecting these documents, but between hardware, software, and
implementation training it'll probably run in excess of $500,000.00 US.

BILL SWALLOW
Technical Writer
C O U R I O N C O R P O R A T I O N
1881 Worcester Road