RE: Documentation security?

Subject: RE: Documentation security?
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 09:18:15 -0700 (PDT)

> So if the documentation is secured on a password-protected server
> folder,
> wouldn't that be meeting the client's requirements? My whole point
> was that
> there are very few methods for truly protect data, and those
> methods are
> very pricey and take time to properly implement. Given time and

The customer's experience has been that others have plagerized his
content. His requirements are to try to eliminate that experience in
the future.

If a password on a server does that, than they are met. OTOH...if it
doesn't.....

Does it?

Maybe what wouldd be pricey and time consuming to us are not to him?
My impression of the original post (and I could be wrong) was that
the problem was a big deal to him.

tangent...I was in sales and I sold custom computer system "stuff". I
had an account that wanted something done that NOBODY wanted to do. I
had a meeting with my management and asked them what would they want
to do it. They gave me a unit price that was very high according to
market pricing (about 10X market). I asked my management if they
would be willing to do it for X, would they be HAPPY to do if for 2X?

"YEAH!!!"

I went to the customer, gave them the 2X price. They looked at me and
said "This is great!...we didn't think we were going to find ANYONE
to do this for us! When do you start?"

They were VERY happy. My boss was VERY happy. I was on commision, so
I was VERY happy!

Moral? Give the customer a price for what they want...you could be
VERY happy too.

=====
John Posada, Senior Technical Writer
"I am a bomb disposal expert. If you see me running, try to keep up."

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/