Needed: advice on 3d rendering techniques

Subject: Needed: advice on 3d rendering techniques
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 13:23:08 -0700

Can anybody on the list point me to a book or web site that's a good primer on 3d rendering techniques? I'm looking through the results of a Google search, but the sheer number of results is a little overwhelming.

The reason: out of nowhere, a company in the field is considering about employing me. The strange fact of the matter is that I'm happy enough with my current employment, but this offer may be too good to miss. So, I figure that talking can't hurt. However, before talking further with the company's reps, I'd like to learn enough so that my ignorance at least sounds promising.

I confess to feeling a little guilty when so many people who are actively looking for work can't find any. Still, any advice would be deeply appreciated.

"I saw you, I met you, I had you, I lost you
Lucky I have no disease
I have a habit of taking things lightly
It keeps me off of my knees."
-The Mollys, "Holding On"

Learn about tools and technologies for user assistance developers at