Question about eLance

Subject: Question about eLance
From: sarashay -at- ivillage -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 7:30:58

And, yes, I checked the archives and did a web search first. I stumbled
across the site for eLance when I was doing a search for job leads. While
the whole idea sounds great on paper (or screen, if you like) I can't seem
to find much on how effective it is from the POV of the actual writer (or,
as they call them, 'service provider'.)

Has anybody signed up for and used eLance to land freelance work and if so,
what were your experiences with it (good, bad or indifferent)? I'm tempted
to sign up, but I want to know if it's worth the time and fees to do so.

Thanks muchly,

Sheila O'Shea