Contract work

Subject: Contract work
From: "D.R. Smith" <daleindex -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 22:45:27 -0400

I work in an awful environment. It is micromanaged (aka babysitting) and the new manager who was one of us until he got the position two months ago, has made it worse in taking away our Flex, etc. so he could babysit -- er - "watch" us more.

How do you get a telecommuting position or a contract position that you can telecommute.

I have many years experience in web development and one as an actual tech writer in software.

I worked from home for an organization and my output was double what it is now. Now I have Hours and hours of meetings with this manager, we also have to document everything we are doing and everything we are going to do. My co workers find it annoying but are afraid of being fired if they complain. I just want to move forward with a more progressive and mature siutation.

How do I get there? What other kinds of companies need tech writers other than engineering and software?

Thanks!