RE: help pls?

Subject: RE: help pls?
From: "Glenn Maxey" <glenn -dot- maxey -at- voyanttech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 08:19:15 -0600

If the software that you are documenting supports a command line
interface such that, say, from DOS you can not only start the
application but get to the desired "options/commands", then you can
achieve this goal.

Assuming WinHelp, the HCW.EXE is the help compiler that underlies what
HATs do. If you look into its help file, HCW.HLP, you'll find a whole
bunch of macros in index. The one you are interested in is the
"ExecFile" macro. This allows you to start up a Windows program, the
first argument to the macro. The second argument to this macro allows
you to pass in arguments to the program. This would be where you enter
command line options that your developers support.

Glenn Maxey
Voyant Technologies, Inc.
Tel. +1 303.223.5164
Fax. +1 303.223.5275
glenn -dot- maxey -at- voyanttech -dot- com