RE: Where is the TW job market the best today?

Subject: RE: Where is the TW job market the best today?
From: "Haas, Guy" <ghaas -at- selectica -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 12:44:47 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: Brierley, Sean [mailto:Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com]
. . .

There are still jobs in Northern California and also Southern, San Diego
area, but fewer than before. Denver also boasts some jobs, but fewer
opportunities than before.

======================================

WAY fewer in Northern California. Six or more months ago, the job listing
of the Silicon Valley Chapter of STC would have 20 or more jobs. Last week,
it had 5 direct jobs and one recruiter-facilitated job.

http://stc-siliconvalley.org/employment/postings.htm

two senior technical writers - staff
one technical translator for Simplified Chinese - open contract
one technical translator for Latin American Spanish - open contract
one senior technical writer - contract-to-hire
one principal technical writer - staff

Recruiters I have talked with are as pessimistic as I have ever seen them,
and I have been writing here since 1982.

--Guy K. Haas gkhaas -at- usa -dot- net and ghaas -at- selectica -dot- com
Software Exegete in Silicon Valley