Re: Bold to highlight files and paths?

Subject: Re: Bold to highlight files and paths?
From: Jo Baer <jbaer -at- mailbox1 -dot- tcfbank -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 13:14:13 -0500

We use Helvetica 10 pt. narrow uppercase. We use bold for very few things, in
part because our electronic and print manuals use the same styles, and bold can
end up looking spotty on the screen. We use the narrow variation because
sometimes file names are a mile and three-quarters long, and we try to keep the
whole name on one line without ending up with a goofy line break. So far no
complaints.

Jo

--
Jo Baer
Senior Technical Writer

Weakness Through Strength

Fanatics may defend a point of view
so strongly as to prove it can't be true.

Piet Hein