RE: FWD: On using pirated software

Subject: RE: FWD: On using pirated software
From: "Dan Hall" <dhall -at- san-carlos -dot- rms -dot- slb -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 07:26:03 -0500

I'm extremely pleased to say that my current employer,
a large multinational, owns all the appropriate licenses.
A number of smaller firms I've worked with didn't.

I'm wondering if size really does matter here? <g> Does
the fact that a company has an extremely strict legal
department (worried about lawsuits) and a definite
policy (that indicates that using pirated sw is a firing
offense) account for this?

Is there anyone else with similar experience? Larger
companies buy, smaller companies get away with what
they can?

Dan

Dan Hall
Sr. Technical Writer
SchlumbergerSema GTSRN

All the opinions, errors, sarcasm, and wit (if any) expressed in this
e-mail are solely mine. SchlumbergerSema takes neither credit nor blame