Re: Business Process Flowcharting & UML

Subject: Re: Business Process Flowcharting & UML
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 06:36:51 -0700 (PDT)

I don't think I was clear about what I was looking for. Actually,
what I'm looking for is much shallower than that. What I'm looking
for is a source that explains simple stuff...stuff like when you have
a decision symbol...is there a convention on where the Yes and No
lines come out...such as does the Yes or No always come out the 12,
3, or 6 o'clock position...things like the use of swim lanes, etc.

My understanding of UML is that for me to flow chart UML, they have
to use UML in development, etc. I'm not looking to change what they
do, I just don't want my stuff to look amateurish.

--- Alan Oslick <aoslick -at- hteinc -dot- com> wrote:
> John Posada asks about flowcharting. Martin suggested he look at
> UML.
>
> I'd like to second Phoebe Minas' recommendation of Martin Flowler's
> UML
> Distilled. (I haven't seen the book by Coad she suggests also, but

=====
John Posada, Senior Technical Writer
"I am a bomb disposal expert. If you see me running, try to keep up."

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/