RE: collecting unemployment

Subject: RE: collecting unemployment
From: "Swallow, William" <WSwallow -at- courion -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 09:53:59 -0400

I assume you pay car insurance. If you get into a car wreck, do you opt not
to use your coverage? No. Then why opt out of unemployment if you need it?
You (hopefully) pay your taxes, and therefore have contributed to your right
to living assistance should you need it. There's no shame in collecting. I
had to do it after being laid off. It was a bit of a hassle, as I had to
show up to the local unemployment office once in a while to show them that I
was in fact job hunting, but heck, it was welcome income in a time when
otherwise there'd have been none. Food and shelter rocks! ;)

*****************
BILL SWALLOW
Technical Writer
C O U R I O N C O R P O R A T I O N
1881 Worcester Road
Framingham, Mass. 01701
T E L * 508-879-8400 x316
F A X * 508-879-8500
www.courion.com
THIS EMAIL CONTAINS CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
MEANT FOR THE INTENDED RECIPIENT ONLY. PLEASE
DELETE THIS IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED IT IN ERROR.