Re: Working for a subcontractor

Subject: Re: Working for a subcontractor
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 10:21:51 -0700

Lisa Lander wrote:

I think you have misunderstood a part of what I've written (sorry, I know my English is far from perfect - I am not a native speaker...).

It's just a difference in terminology. That could happen to anyone, really. And I'm certainly not going to fault anyone for their English when my own language skills are so undeveloped (we're arrogant about learning other languages in North America).

Maybe it's just that in the country I work in - and come from (Finland) - we don't (yet) have this long experience of contractor work (in general).

Interesting. It sounds as if the job market in Finland is very different from that in Canada and the United States. In fact, in some ways, it sounds as if it's the reverse.

"We feel the breeze from the storm to come,
And up and down this coast
We're waiting for the wheel to turn."
-Capercaillie, "Clearances"

A landmark hotel, one of America's most beautiful cities, and three and a half days of immersion in the state of the art: