RE: Stupid question yet I am unsure of the ethics here...

Subject: RE: Stupid question yet I am unsure of the ethics here...
From: "White, Bonita" <BWhite -at- CSXWT -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 14:42:55 -0400

Marianne,

When I put manuals in my portfolio, I use them as is but I never leave them
with the client and I don't send them out. I have what I call "give aways"
for that. These are manuals which are manuals that have been edited--screen
shots removed, random page numbering, application name change, etc., so that
I can give them to the client. Those items in my portfolio that are the
manual in its entirety are never out of my possession long enough for anyone
to learn anything or to give away any trade secrets, and the "give aways"
are not in a state that anyone can use them for anything other than to judge
my abilities as a TW.

Hope this helps and good luck with the job hunt.

Bonita