RE: Article: The e-book era is here (despite reports to the contr ary)

Subject: RE: Article: The e-book era is here (despite reports to the contr ary)
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 17:57:18 -0700 (PDT)

> As far as medical records go, you are better off printing them out
> on
> Bluetooth enabled active paper, so you can scribble notes on them
> as you
> read them. That stuff isn't on the market yet. It will be soon.

ebooks are now.

> But, my
> CrossPad would work fine for this right now.

I have a Crosspad. its OK for getting notes, scribbles and stuff into
the computer, though my PDA is working fine for that also. However,
Crosspad only lets you put stuff in...there is no display mechanism.

> Until the resolution of an e-book gets well above 72-dpi, people

For the short period of time I evuated one, resolution didn't seem to
be an issue...but then again, I prefer reading from my laptop screen
than hard copy.

> a screen. We scan screens. We are supposed to read books. e-Books
> don't cut it.

See above.

> My cell phone ran out of batteries today, because I didn't stay up
> an extra
> hour last night trying to run the battery down, so I could recharge

go lithium...I haven't had to discharge mine for almost a year.

> http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/ for more resources and info.

=====
John Posada, Senior Technical Writer

http://im.yahoo.com