links to named destinations work once only

Subject: links to named destinations work once only
From: Sara Magnuson <sara -at- Zambeel -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 11:30:25 -0700

We've created PDFs from Frame 6 on Windows NT with named destinations.
Our GUI links to particular pages in a PDF with those named destinations,
and the link works the first time only. After that first time when the PDF
opens
to a specific page, any further clicks on the same Help button open the PDF
to the first page. Clicking on any other Help buttons in the GUI that go to
different named destinations don't work, either -- we get a single working
link
to a named destination in each session in the GUI.

We've tested that each of the named destinations works by pasting the URL
with the pdf_file.pdf#destination syntax, and each opens to the expected
page.

Research:
a) searched Adobe Knowledgebase and tried suggestions found in several
articles, including (but not limited to)
http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/78c6.htm
Configuring Netscape Navigator for Windows to Display PDF Files,
http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/29776.htm
PDF Pages Don't Appear in Web Browser Window,
http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/29772.htm
Tips for Distributing PDF Files on the Web and the User to User
forums.......

b) searched PDFzone, Planet PDF, Frame Users,
Google, Ask Jeeves, About.com.......

Is anyone else using Frame's named destinations to open specific
pages in a PDF with the same or similar issues? Have you found
workarounds that you can share? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Environment: FrameMaker 6.0p405, Acrobat 4.05c, NT 4.0, service pack 6

Thanks,
Sara Magnuson
sara -at- zambeel -dot- com