Re: LINUX screen capture questions

Subject: Re: LINUX screen capture questions
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 18:55:00 -0700

Michael Collier wrote:

I have saved graphics files to floppies and zips for transfer to Windows
from Linux, but it can be maddening as the addressing syntax for these
devices can vary from machine to machine (no dragging a file to a picture of
a disk...)

>If you have a Windows machine on a Unix network I'd go with FTP.

What, and freak out all right-minded Linux users? Use scp - it's more secure :-)

Actually, what I wanted to add: reading a Windows partition from Linux is really the easiest way. If Ken or anyone else needs it, I can pass along the necessary entry for /etc/fstab for the job. A reboot, and Bob's your uncle (or, in my case, my brother-in-law).

"Waiting for the ferry, tickets in their hand
Good people that were never out of sight of land
Waiting for the ferry, tickets in their hand
Good people that you knew would never understand."
-OysterBand, "Not Like Jordan"

A landmark hotel, one of America's most beautiful cities, and three and a half days of immersion in the state of the art: