RE: Unusual resumes

Subject: RE: Unusual resumes
From: "Kathy Jacobs" <jacobskl -at- jacobs -dot- coxatwork -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 12:24:22 -0700

Have to throw in my two cents:

A major contracting firm with which I once was associated once did
something so bad that had I known ahead of time, I would not have even
gone to the interview....

This firm took my well designed resume and butchered it. Removed all of
my training experience from the resume as "not related", and changed my
BA in Computer Science to an "AB in Computers". I did not find out
about this until after I had taken the job and was assigned such tasks
as backups of the systems and running reports on databases. Luckily,
one of my co-workers told me about the changes after she got to know me.
I had the resume fixed at the contracting company, but they not only
never told the client of their mistake, but they also never did get the
resume totally corrected. Suffice to say, the three short term
contracts I did for that company were not anything like what I thought I
would be doing.

Kathryn Jacobs, BrainBench MVP MS PowerPoint (Get Certified at
http://www.brainbench.com)
Get PowerPoint answers at http://www.powerpointanswers.com
Cook anything outdoors with http://www.outdoorcook.com

Kathy is a trainer, writer, Girl Scout, parent, and whatever else there
is time for

Life is meant to be lived. But:
if we live without making a difference, it makes no difference that we
lived